Sunday, March 27, 2016

The Master of Time Page 8

Geno woke up in the hospital. He immediately felt pain at  the right side of his body.  He noticed his right arm and neck was covered with gauze.
“You’re awake,” a familiar voice said.
When he tried to focus his eyes, he recognized it was his older sister, Grace.
“What happened?” he asked with a hoarse voice. He tried to move his body but felt pain. “How long have I been here?” he asked again.
“Three days,” Grace said.
Geno closed his eyes again and remembered the fire dancing in front of him. When he looked outside the window, the fallen was there laughing at him. Dark clouds swirled around him and in a blink of an eye, the dark shadow was already behind him. The smoke entered his lungs, blocking the oxygen. He struggled for breath and saw Lilah entering his sister’s room. He immediately opened his eyes and tried to avoid his sister.
“Are you not curious as to what had become of my house?”
He shook his head and pretended to be not interested.
“ I sent you messages that I’ll be coming that night, yet you still decided to hold the party?” she asked him again.
When Geno didn’t answer, Grace continued. “Are you too lazy to answer me because you are in pain or are you trying to avoid responsibility again? You should come with me to the Sanctuary and start praying for forgiveness.”
“Is the house more important than me?” he murmured. “I didn’t saw your message,” he said as an excuse.
“Of course not. You were too busy playing video games to check on that!”
“Sis, they all barged in the house there’s nothing else that I can do to stop them.”
“Is it that hard to say No?”
Geno turned to his side and pretended to sleep.
“Not doing what you have to do is the same crime as doing what you should not do. And I told Giselle to stop sending your allowance until you come back to your senses.”
Geno looked back to her sister and frowned, “How could you..”
“Oh, by the way, your girlfriend was here awhile ago. What was her name --”
“It’s okay, I can’t go back to school anyway...”
“Who said you’re not going back to school? You better get out of here as soon as possible! You’ve wasted one year already when you were in grade six. Mom and dad’s gonna kill me if you stop another school year again.”
Geno shook his head. “I wanna go back to Manila.”
Grace stood up. “I left there so I can watch over you.”
“No, I don’t want to.”
Grace tried to stop herself from throwing a fit.
“ If I can’t return to Manila, I’ll go to Australia and live with Giselle instead,” Geno continued.
“If she lets you, why not?” she stood up and went to the door. She stopped for awhile, took a deep breath and looked back to her little brother.  “We’ll talk again. I have to go back to the police station.”
“Sis!”
Grace opened the door and stepped out, “What!”
He clenched his fist and struggled to speak with all his might, “ABV-0132”
“What?”
“The..” he held out a sigh again, “The hit and run car.”
"The what?"


No comments:

Post a Comment